Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mmmm... (week 3)

Hey everyone,

Today I'm going to take a look at my absolute favorite snack: a box of Jujubes. Half the fun is fusing your jaw closed with gummy artificial fruit flavor, as well as picking gobs of carnauba wax from your teeth for the rest of the day.

Natural Ingredients: Sugar, White mineral oil. Oh wait, mineral oil is just added petroleum byproduct. With a name like "mineral" oil you think it would be healthy.

Artificial Ingredients: Corn syrup, Modified Food Starch (Potato), Carnauba Wax, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Artificial Colors (Red 40, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Blue 1)

at 110x4.5 servings = 495 Calories, I've put worse things in my body. Actually, this week I really haven't. Not the most unhealthiest food (and, of course, I did not buy it to be healthy), but I dare you to find something more artificial.

2 comments:

  1. I would have to agree. It is pretty fun picking the wax from your teeth after eating Jujubes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome... The only natural ingredient is sugar :) I think that it would be hard to find something that is more artificial; however, there are plenty of things out there that are worse for you to eat... like fried (anything).

    ReplyDelete